Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pasta de Waraku

Nowadays, people are getting more and more 'visual'. The food may not be fantastic, but if the presentation skills are good enough, people might just forget about the mediocre standards on the taste after a while.

I guess I am one of them. Just look at all these...



tell me you are not tempted to go in at all?



First, we were served with a salad bowl that goes with my main course.



Chicken and Mushroom Spaghetti with tomato cream sauce (7/10)



Call me a mountain tortoise. I have eaten spaghetti with tomato sauce OR cream sauce, but never a mixture of both. Thus, the above was a totally new experience for me. Though it really doesn't taste as good as it seems. :P

Wafu Pork Cutlet Curry Pasta (7/10)




The sauce was good. So was the pork cutlet, just like any katsu curry rice dishes. But to go with pasta? Maybe not. My hub didn't like it at all.


Ambience
Love how they decorated the walls with plates of pastas like the ones shown above... It gets their customers hungry even before the food arrives. :P

Price
$27.60 for the two pastas. Kinda overly-priced for the taste.

Service
Good

Place
6 Raffles Boulevard
#03-257 Marina Square

As mentioned earlier, despite the mediocre kinda food I am getting, I might probably visit this restaurant again. Because all I can remember few months down the road, I believe, is the attractive display that seems to promise an equally tasty meal. :P

4 comments:

Par said...

wow... i like how it's display... ehehe

Food Lover said...

Me too! It's so colourful, you'll feel like walking in straightaway. Which is what I did. hee!

InspiredMumof2 said...

Exactly, it is better than looking at pictures on the menu. I never get tired of japanese food. They are so creative in their dishes, even more so in the display!

Food Lover said...

Right! ;P