Monday, May 28, 2007

Xiao Xuan Feng

小旋风. Don't you just love the name? I do! It was only opened for 2 months, but there are already many people who flocked to the place for meals. I wouldn't be surprised if some are attracted to the place because of the name too. ;P

Whenever there is a new kid in the block, I would definitely patronise the restaurant with either my hub or my mother. This week, my mother was all alone at home as my brother is out having fun at Genting >.<*, so I decided to bring her out to this place for a meal.

Type
Chinese

Taste
Eight Treasure Tea (5/10)























When I took my first sip, I was like, 'What did they put inside?' If you like those chinese tonic, then this is the beverage for you. Since young, I have always disliked the taste. It's nothing but bitter liquid to me.

To order another drink and thus waste the current order, however, is just not my practice. So I thought I will just bear with it and finish up the pot with my mother. Surprisingly, after a few cups, I can taste the sweet aftertaste, that probably comes from the crysanthemum, and some other flowers that the waitress claimed was included in the tea. Still, I prefer my good ol' chinese tea. :P



Sauteed Mini Vegetables (Xiao Bai Nai) 8/10


















This dish is really nice. It looks easy to prepare, but to make such a simple dish so savoury and at the same time not too bland nor salty, I think it requires a certain level of skill. I would really be happy if I can cook this kinda standard at home. *dreams*


Sweet and Sour Shredded Pork (9/10)



















I was full of praises for this dish. I am not the lohsoh type who will repeat the same thing so many times. But subconsciouly, I kept telling my mom. "Jin ho chiak" heh... it's really good.



Xiao Long Bao (7/10)


















It's probably one of the best I have tasted. It's skin is not too thick, the soup inside taste good. Perhaps I am not so into Xiao Long Baos, so 7 is all I can give.

Ambience
It has many cheena items all over the restaurant. Seriously, I wouldn't give a hoot, but am glad that it entertained my mother, who seemed to be intrigued by the deco.

Service
üüüüü
The service was pretty good. From getting us to wait for the seats, to the ordering, to the payment of the bills, the staff were very friendly and polite. The cashier even asked how we find the food. When we told her that we liked the food very much, which is the truth, she was very happy. I can see that she is genuinely happy that the restaurant is receiving good feedback, even though it's not owned by her. If I were to be a boss, I would want to hire such staff! :P

Price
$$$$$
After a 10% discount for NTUC members, it only cost $27 for the above. Good deal for such a fantastic meal.

Place
Tiong Bahru Plaza
#01-15

No comments: