Friday, April 27, 2007

Akashi Japanese Restaurant
















My hub and I were at M1 Paragon to change my SIM Card to a 3G one because the existing 2G one is giving me lots of problem in my new phone. We took a walk in the shopping centre to find a place to have our dinner. I realised that there are actually many restaurants in the basement area, most of which were full at that time.

We settled for Akashi, a Japanese restaurant which has earned good comments on the web. It turned out that my hub (who has very high standard for food), actually like the place, the service and the food very much.


Type
Japanese

Taste
7/10
Maybe I am just not an avid fan of Japanese food like my hub, so 7 is all I could give for the food I took. However, the salmon sushi does look very very fresh to me, even when I don't take raw food. I wouldn't be surprised if my hub were to give a 9 for the freshness and tastiness.



















Ambience

Dim lightings. Moderately quiet environment.

Service
üüüüü
They gave our hot towels just like air stewardesses. We were pleasantly surprised by this kind gesture. I read on the web that if you sit at the counter, the chef will actually chat with you to find out your likes and dislikes so that he can make recommendations! Very personalised service eh?

Price
$$$$$
For that kinda of service and fresh food, it has got to be on the high side, no? My hub kept saying that the price is 'ok' but I guess he means value for money because the dishes are indeed ex! :P

Place
#B1-01, The Paragon290
Orchard Road, 238859

No comments: