Monday, August 11, 2008

Tai Seng Noodle House

I have hardly taken leave without a purpose for it. No thanks to my company, I was 'forced' to take one on this day. No other family members or friends I know is in a company with such policy, so I was alone on this day.

I knew I had to meet someone. JN came to my mind straightaway at 12noon sharp (so zhun!). I sms-ed her immediately and to my delight, she's available!

Being her 'territory', JN decided to bring me to the ever-so-famous Amoy Street to have our lunch. There were queues everywhere and the place was so warm, we felt as if we were having sauna in an open area! >_<" It was after rounds of walking (15 minutes?) that we finally found a table in which we used our tissue to 'chop' the seats.

We also came to a consensus to queue for a wanton noodle stall. It was a very long wait - at least 20 minutes? I pity those pple who spent most of their lunch time searching for seats and queueing up!

It was then I started to feel how lucky I am to have lunch in my workplace where it's cool, where seats are readily available and where not much waiting time is required. :P

Having said that, the wanton noodles we bought were definitely worth the wait. The wantons were crispy, the noodles were springy. At least the meal managed to appease a sauna-ed, tired and hungry foodie. :P

And just look at the generous serving! More than 10 wantons (some in the soup) altogether?

Wanton Noodle (9/10)



According to JN, the noodles we had were much better than before. I guess the inconsistency in the quality and the long wait could be attributed to the fact that it's a one-woman show. Only one auntie at the stall to manage the huge crowd. >_<
Price
$3

Place
Amoy Food Centre
#02-123

No comments: